Director General of Police S P Vaid said that Burhan Wani's successor Sabzar Ahmad Bhat is among the two terrorists killed in the encounter in Soimoh area of Tral on Saturday morning.
Kashmir witnessed a spontaneous shutdown to mourn the killing of Hizb commander Sabzar Bhat in an encounter with security forces in Tral area of south Kashmir's Pulwama district on Saturday. Soon after the news of Sabzar's killing spreads shopkeepers lowered their shutters and public transport disappeared from the roads. Students took to streets in several areas of Ganderbal district of central Kashmir, where a spontaneous shutdown is being observed in the district.
A Hizbul Mujahideen terrorist, who was seen in a video taken during the funeral of outfit commander Sabzar Bhat last week, has surrendered before authorities in Kashmir, the police said on Wednesday.
Talks will ensure the rise of Islamism in Kashmir and the death of the Idea of India, warns Vivek Gumaste.
Earlier in 2010, the highest number of 156 terrorists were killed between January and July that year.
42 terrorists, 7 civilians and 15 security personnel have lost their lives since May 15.
Ghaznavi will succeed Burhan Wani, whose death in an encounter last week triggered a wave of violent protests in Jammu and Kashmir.
The district administration has also ordered closure of all colleges and higher secondary schools in Srinagar for Monday.
The chargesheet, filed by the State Investigation Agency, has highlighted several instances where parents were taken across the border using valid travel documents but were later compelled to pay extra money for their wards' admission to universities and colleges there.
A special court in Srinagar on Monday framed charges against eight persons, including a prominent Hurriyat leader, for selling Pakistani MBBS seats in Jammu and Kashmir to fund terror activities.
The number of terrorists killed in the past seven months this year is the highest in the same period over the past seven years.